Legal - Disclaimer
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
It is a condition that you read the following Terms and Conditions before using this website. By using this website and supporting forums, you indicate your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with all of these Terms and Conditions, it is advised that you do not use this website.
Any content on this site is solely intended for educational purposes and is no way intended to be a substitute for medical consultation with a qualified professional.
Information provided by THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP INC. is produced in consultation with patients, medical advisers and other health or associated professionals. Whilst all reasonable care has been made to ensure the accuracy of the content, THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP INC. takes no responsibility for any error or omission.
Links to other websites are inserted for convenience and do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites, or any associated organisation, product or service.
THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP INC. does not endorse or recommend any persons, products, treatment or procedures that may be mentioned on this site or supporting forums.
FORUM and FACEBOOK
We welcome the use of our website, our Forum and our Facebook, however as they are in the public domain they are monitored regularly. Please ensure that your comments do not include such things as inappropriate language, advertising, external donation and fundraising requests, legal or medical advice. These messages will be edited or removed.
If you see any suspect messages which you do not think are appropriate to this website, Forum or Facebook, please report them to us.
The supporting forums and Facebook should not be used for educational purposes. The forums provide an opportunity for people with various thyroid conditions to express themselves about their own experience or journey. THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP INC disclaims any liability whatsoever.
Members’ Forum has been temporarily suspended.
Instead please view FB page www.Facebook.com/ThyroidWA
THYROID WA also provide a Secret FB group called, THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP MEMBERS. You need to apply for access. See instructions on the FB Page.
By virtue of your participation in the THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP INC. Members’ forum and Facebook groups, you are deemed to have agreed to abide by these terms and conditions.
- Forum /Facebook Members Only
- Current THYROID WA members may participate in the forums.
- Personal Identification
- You will require your username and password to use the members’ forum issued at the time of registration. Do not represent yourself as another person.
- Use of Language & Messages
- The use of Language & Messages should not be malicious, offensive or contain swear words or profanities. By participating in any discussion, you undertake to indemnify THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP INC. against any liability arising from any obscene, defamatory, seditious, blasphemous or other actionable statement published by you on this site and against all damages, losses, claims and costs (including without limitation fines and expenses arising out of or incurred in conducting or defending any proceedings) arising from any such actionable statements.
- Conduct of Discussion
- Topics must be related to thyroid health. Your message should be within the scope of the subject under discussion. You should remember that you are legally responsible for what you write.
- Private Email.
- If a person has sent you a private Email you may not forward it to a public discussion group without the prior consent of the person who sent it. Any contact information you may be granted access to on the site should remain within it and not used for any other external emailing purposes.
- Complaints about a Breach of these Rules
- Complaints about a Breach of these Rules should ONLY be made by private e-mail to the THYROID WA website administrator.
Deliberate Abuse and / or Misuse of the Forum
- Any attempt to circumvent or manipulate your access rights to the forum is a breach of these terms and conditions and will result in access being withdrawn. Your access to the forum is granted to you as an individual and your login details should be treated as strictly private and confidential. Do not share your access details with other users. Should you suspect that your account is being used by another person, you should contact THYROID WA to change your password immediately.
THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP INC. works closely with Australian and overseas organisations, liaises with many of Australia’s leading health professionals, hospitals and pharmaceutical companies to improve our knowledge and understanding of thyroid disease and treatments to assist THYROID WA members.
Funding of donations and sponsorship is vital to ensure ongoing development of THYROID WA. Any funding given to THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP INC. is accepted with the understanding that it does not create conflict of interest of the aims and purposes of the support group as documented in the Rules of Association.
This website does not accept advertising. Funding comes from donations from individuals and organisations, fundraising and grants. This funding does not create conflicts of interest and does not influence the content of the web site. Please do not use Thyroid WA's e-mail address links to send solicitations or marketing messages for businesses or fundraisers.
THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP INC. continually strives to make its information as accurate and up-to-date as possible. If you have any comments or suggestions regarding this website, please Contact Us. We welcome comments from both patients and medical professionals.
Information provided by THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP INC. is solely intended for education purposes and is no way intended to be a substitute for medical consultation with a qualified professional.
The THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP INC., meetings, presentations, newsletters and other publishing are general in nature and intended to help educate people with thyroid conditions so that they can knowledgeably discuss the issues with their own doctor in order to improve and/or enhance their total wellbeing.
It is not suggested, nor intended that anyone make changes in their own medical programs without first consulting with their qualified professional. The THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP INC., does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment, therapy or practitioner. Practitioners and treatments mentioned are for information only.
Please consult with your doctor regarding any decision that may affect your health.